Frequently Asked Questions

What is the garbage collection schedule for the City of Atmore?

The weekly Garbage pickup schedule is as follows:
South of Hwy 31 – Monday & Thursday
North of Hwy 31 – Tuesday & Friday
As exact pickup times may vary, please be sure to have your items out and ready for pickup by 7am on your respectively scheduled days. Please place all garbage inside the curb or property line, but not more than 10 feet from the property line.

How do I apply for new Garbage service?

If you live inside the Atmore city limits, you can apply for new garbage service through West Escambia Utilities, located at 201 East Louisville Avenue or by calling (251) 368-2207. Operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.

Does Atmore have recycling?

Atmore does have a recycling program! Although the city does not provide Recycling bins, you can bring your cardboard, plastic, and paper to the Street Department at 412 East Ridgeley Street. (next door to Atmore Public Works Department).

How do I contact the Mayor’s Office?

Mayor Staff welcomes your thoughts, ideas, feedback, and concerns. Feel free to contact the Mayor’s office by telephone (251-368-2253) or e-mail (

Who is the Mayor of Atmore?

Jim Staff is the current Mayor of Atmore and has held this position for three terms. You may contact the Mayor’s office by telephone (251-368-2253) or e-mail (

Who are the City of Atmore Council Members?

The city of Atmore has 5 City of Council members. Each district representative is listed below along with their contact information. We welcome your feedback and questions!

District 1
Webb Nall
Cell: 251-254-0829

District 2
Jerome Webster
Cell: 251-294-2858

District 3
Eunice Johnson
Cell: 251-253-0537

District 4
Shawn Lassiter
Cell: 251-655-0035

District 5
Chris Harrsion
Cell: Cell: 251-359-7368

How do I learn about the Atmore Chamber of Commerce?

Learn more about the City of Atmore Chamber of Commerce by visiting

How do I pay my Utilities bill?

To pay your utilities bill online, please visit the West Escambia Utilities website via and click the Pay Bill button at the top of the page.

You can also visit us in person at the Atmore City Hall Complex located at 201 East Louisville Avenue, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8AM and 4PM. For after hours emergencies please call 251-368-9156.

Vehicle Licensing/Traffic Violations

To obtain a tag for your vehicle you can visit the Escambia County Satellite Courthouse located at 8600 U.S. Hwy 31. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. They offer vehicle registration, vehicle titles, and vehicle plates and you can renew your driver’s license as well

For more information call 251-368-5371.

Where do I go to get my Driver’s License?

The Atmore Driver’s License Office in Escambia County offers driver's licenses, ID cards, and the license written test on Wednesdays and the second Tuesday of the month from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12 to 1pm).

For more information call 251-368-0293 every Wednesday and the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

How do I pay my traffic ticket?

If you have been issued a traffic ticket, you can pay your fine via the City of Atmore Municipal Court portal at Visa/Mastercard/Discover accepted.

NOTE: A 4.5% service charge will apply. This service charge is collected by the credit card processing company, not the City of Atmore.

Who do I talk to about opening a business in Atmore?

Call Jeremy Ray at 251-368-2253 or email:

How do I get my Business License?

To apply for a Business license to operate in the city of Atmore, please fill out the application linked here. Once completed, please mail your application to the following address or email

P.O. DRAWER 1297

For questions and any further information, please call us at (251) 368-2253

Who is the Fire Chief for the city of Atmore, Alabama?

The current Fire Chief for the city of Atmore Ronald Peebles. To report a fire call 251-368-9155 or dial 911

How do I turn on/turn off my water?

Call West Escambia Utilities at 251-368-2207.

How do I report a broken water main/hydrant?

Call the Fire Department at 251-368-9156.

How do I report a street light that is not working?

Call City Hall at 251-368-2253.

Who do I call to have a new sign installed in my neighborhood or perform maintenance on an existing sign?

Call the Street Department at 251-368-4043.

Who do I call to report potholes or other road maintenance issues?

Call the Street Department at 251-368-4043.

How do I apply for employment with the City of Atmore?

Want to join our City of Atmore team? Fill out the application linked here and
email your completed application to Nina Propst of our Human Resources
Department at