Join us in reducing Atmore’s environmental impact—our city-wide clean-up and electronics drive is Saturday, November 2! Have your trash at your normal pick-up location Saturday morning no later than 6 a.m. During this one-time event, you’ll be able to recycle:
- Motor oil
- And more!
In addition to this, our annual recycling drive is also Saturday, November 2 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is open to everyone. Drop off your items at the Atmore Recycling Center (Atmore Public Works) at 412 East Ridgeley Street. There you can drop off:
- Plastics, cardboard, paper, and glass (any color)
- Computers, laptops, and keyboards
- Cell phones and telephones
- Copiers, fax machines, scanners, and printers
- Cords, cables, and surge protectors
- VCRs and DVDs
- Stereos and radios
- Tires and motor oils
Some things that you cannot recycle include:
- Empty plastic bags
- Plastic or metal clothes hangers
- Bedding or linens
- Aerosol cans
- Juice boxes
- Polystyrene (StyroFoam) products
- Garbage or yard waste
- Garden hoses
- Window blinds
- Carpeting or rugs
- Tarps and construction materials
- Bubble wrap
- Food waste
- Shredded paper
- Waxy or paper food containers (ice cream, milk cartons)
For everything to go as smoothly as possible, and to eliminate contamination and high operating costs, please clean all food containers before recycling. We also want to emphasize that we can’t accept any StyroFoam. Please use the green bags designated “recycling only,” which you can get from the Atmore Recycling Center or at City Hall. All recycling, except for cardboard, must be in these green bags.
Thank you for helping our city reduce the environmental impact of waste in our lovely community!
For more of the latest news in Atmore, visit our website here.