Public Works (Sanitation)
City of Atmore Garbage & Trash Service Information
If you live inside the City Limits, apply for new service at West Escambia Utilities. For information regarding existing services, contact the City of Atmore Public Works Department.
Garbage Pickup Schedule
- South of Highway 31: Monday and Thursday
- North of Highway 31: Tuesday and Friday
All garbage must be in plastic bags (1½ mil), specifically manufactured for the purpose of garbage or refuse collection. Garbage cans are optional, but if used, garbage bags are required inside of cans. Cans should be constructed of metal or plastic materials, no smaller than 10 gallons and no larger than 32 gallons.
- Garbage must be placed inside the curb or property line, but not more than 10 feet from the property line.
- Rubbish - All cartons, crates, baskets, packages, boxes, and other similar items shall be broken down so they may be hauled flat.
Trash Pick-up Schedule
- Please have your household garbage and trash ready for pick-up by 7 am on your scheduled days.
- Weekly: Specific day of the week may vary.
- No household garbage should be placed with trash. Household garbage must be picked up by garbage collection.
- Exclusion: Trash generated by contractors, tree cutters, roofers, etc.
The City of Atmore does not provide commercial garbage service or residential service outside of the city limits. For this service you may contact
- Creek Waste and Recycling 850-587-1080, 251-776-0606
- Republic Services 251-809-0800
Apply for Permit
Permit must be presented to the landfill attendant upon each visit.
Recycling bins are available for plastic, all types of paper, and corrugated cardboard at 412 East Ridgeley Street (next door to Atmore Public Works Department).
- What is the garbage collection schedule for the City of Atmore?
The weekly Garbage pickup schedule is as follows:
- South of Highway 31 - Monday and Thursday
- North of Highway 31 - Tuesday and Friday
As exact pickup times may vary, please be sure to have your items out and ready for pickup by 7 am on your respectively scheduled days. Please place all garbage inside the curb or property line, but not more than 10 feet from the property line.
- How do I apply for new garbage service?
If you live inside the Atmore city limits, you can apply for new garbage service through West Escambia Utilities, located at 201 East Louisville Avenue or by calling 251-368-2207. Operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
- Does Atmore have recycling?
Atmore does have a recycling program! Although the city does not provide Recycling bins, you can bring your cardboard, plastic, and paper to the Street Department at 412 East Ridgeley Street. (next door to Atmore Public Works Department).