- Atmore Public Library
Atmore Public Library
The Atmore Public Library is located at 700 East Church Street Atmore, Alabama, in Escambia County. Home to almost 50,000 text volumes, our public library circulates approximately 53,000 items per year and serves a population of around 10,000 residents.
Services & Resources at Atmore Public Library
The Atmore Public Library provides several services and resources for residents of Atmore and surrounding areas in Escambia County. These are:
- Computer Access: The Atmore Public Library provides 10 computers in the student and adult department for Internet access and Microsoft Office. Plus, laptop users can take advantage of our free Wi-Fi service.
- Computer Classes: We offer computer classes focusing on computer basics, internet access and use, email, and Office Software.
- Children's Department: The children's department provides 7 computers with educational games and reading / math software. Additionally, every Thursday in the months of September through May, the Atmore Library provides a storytime for children from 10 am to 11 am. Then in the month of June, the Summer Reading program is held each Friday at 10 am.
- Alabama Virtual Library: Access to the Alabama Virtual Library anywhere in Alabama through GeoIP Authentication. AVL also issues cards for anyone who travels out of state.
- EBooks: Courtesy of the Escambia County Library system, ebooks are now available for download. Come into the library to get your free membership card and enjoy your favorite books, right from your eReader, tablet, or smartphone!